Having the correct lighting in your business is beneficial to your success. Commercial lighting is continuously changing and evolving, and you want to make sure you are aware of all your lighting options for your business space. Stay ahead of the curve, and make sure your lighting is modern and up to date.
HOW UPGRADING YOUR LIGHTING CAN HELP YOU
If the building that you house your business in was 20 plus years ago, it is good to assume that your lighting system is not very energy efficient. There are a variety of upgrades you can look into in order to achieve maximum lighting efficiency for your business. Depending on the type of business you own, on average, your lighting bill can consume 20-50% of your over all utilities budget. By converting your lighting system into a more energy efficient lighting system that can detour those costly bills. If you upgrade your overall lighting system, your business could see up to a 50% return on your investment over the course of 3-5 years.
BENEFITS OF UPGRADING YOUR INDOOR LIGHTING SYSTEM
· Upgrading your lights offer better lighting quality.
· Improved lighting performance that will help you save significantly on your overall utility bill.
· Improved health and safety for you and your employees.
· Reduce your carbon footprint by adding energy efficient lightbulbs to your lighting fixtures.
· Upgrading your lighting system helps improve the overall performance and reduce the hours needed for maintenance.
· Reduces the amount of noise projected by older lighting systems, such as humming.
EXAMPLES OF EFFICIENT LIGHTING SYSTEM OPTIONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
· Dimmer Switches – They help change the direction of electrical flow every time that it is used to dim or brighten the lights. This will help you save money by controlling the brightness in your office space.
· LED Lights: LED lights are a great alternative if you would like to become more energy efficient in your business office space. They use 80 percent less energy compared to their other lighting options, and last up to 30 times longer than incandescent lights.
· Compact Fluorescent Lights
CFLs are 5 times more efficient than other light bulbs. While they can be a bit more pricy than other lighting options they pay or themselves over the course of time. They also help play a part in your business becoming greener by helping you reduce your carbon footprint.
· Bi- Level Switches- This allows you to control the illumination of your workspace by splitting the lights into two separate sections that can be controlled on two circuits. This helps reduce wasted energy if it is not necessarily needed at the time.
· Sensor Switches: Are a great lighting alternative for both your home or business. These switches are great for areas that do not receive a lot of natural light. They are motion sensor technology that detects when there is movement in the room, or a change in room temperature, allowing the lights to be turned on at the correct times. In return helping you save money in the long run on your utility bill.
· Halogens: These types of lights have been found to be more efficient than incandescent lights. They are mainly used for security features and stadium lighting. They are also used for spotlight or for landscaping.
· HIDS: Are a great lighting alternative for larger open spaces, such as warehouses or commercial buildings.
Make sure you look into your local resources; a lot of local governments offer grants and federal tax incentives when you go green. Also check with your local venders, some venders and local utility companies will offer rebates when your business goes green to help with your business transition.
If you need help upgrading your lighting system in your business or home, call the experts at Downtown Electric and Lighting. We would be happy to help and Provide you with a FREE estimate. Call us TODAY at (719)428-8245 to schedule your appointment now.